Out Commitment to Privacy
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about you as an identifiable individual and includes information with respect to your name, address, age, gender, income, marital status, finances, employment and web site use information, together with your personal references and identification numbers (such as a social insurance number)
Collecting and Using Personal Information
We obtain most of our personal information about you, directly from you, so we can better understand your needs and preferences, to serve you better, to contact you and to meet statutory or legal obligations. With your consent, we may obtain personal information about you from third parties. Obtaining additional personal information about you from third parties outside Eagles Edge Capital Corporation helps us assess your eligibility for our products and services. We may contact references you have provided or credit reporting agencies to verify information that you have given us or to give us information on your credit history. We will not do this without your consent. In all circumstances we try to limit our collection of personal information to only those items that are necessary in order for us to provide the best service to our investors, borrowers or employees.
Types of Personal Information
The information we ask for depends on the products or services you request and in most cases is required by law or the policies of the regulatory organizations to which we are subject. Examples of such information are:
- Information you provide in order to obtain or maintain a service or product
- Communications from you regarding your Loan(s) or investments such as a change of address request
- Information gathered from your transactions and account history with us, or subsidiaries, and others, such as your loan payment history
- Information obtained from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies or credit bureaus, employers, depository institutions and others, that we use to evaluate a loan application
- Your social insurance number is required for products that earn investment income, in order to comply with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency’s income reporting requirements.
- Information that we may gather in compliance with laws and regulations
- Disclosing Personal Information
We may provide your personal information within the Eagles Edge Capital Corporation group of companies for the purposes of showing products or services to you, or to other persons, but only where we have your consent or where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
Protecting Personal Information
We will protect the personal information we obtain about you with appropriate safeguards and security measures. We will retain your personal information only for the time it is required for the purposes we explain or as otherwise required by law. When your personal information is no longer needed or required, we have procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
How We Protect Your Information
We have security standards to protect our systems and your personal information against unauthorized access and use. We have internal procedures designed to keep client information private, for example:
- Allowing access to personal information only to authorized employees performing specific job responsibilities necessitating such access
- Maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect client information.
- When we provide information in response to a legal inquiry or order, we ensure that the order is valid and we disclose only the information that is legally required.
- We use our best efforts to ensure our agents, as part of their contracts with Eagles Edge Capital Corporation, are bound to maintain your confidentiality and may not use the information they obtain for any unauthorized purpose.
- Training employees on privacy and our procedures to safeguard it.
Sharing Of Personal Information With Third Parties
Individuals or companies outside of the Eagles Edge Capital Corporation group of companies are considered third parties. Mortgage lenders are permitted (and sometimes even required) to share client information with third parties for certain purposes, such as servicing client relationships, fraud and risk management, and responding to transaction requests.
Privacy on the Internet
We recognize that you may have special privacy concerns regarding our services provided on the Internet. In particular, we will want to ensure that your personal information is secure and that you are aware of and can control our use of your personal information in the Internet environment.
Email over the Internet is generally unencrypted. We recommend that you do not send us sensitive or confidential information by ordinary email, as unencrypted email is generally not secure. If you choose not to use the Internet to provide personal information to Eagles Edge Capital Corporation, please feel free to contact us by phone, or in writing.
When We Release Your Personal Information
Under no circumstances do we sell, lease or rent client lists or personal information to others. We release your personal information to parties outside Eagles Edge Capital Corporation only under the following circumstances.
With Your ConsentWe will disclose your personal information with your prior consent
When Required or Permitted by Law
In certain circumstances, the law may require or permit Eagles Edge Capital Corporation to disclose your personal information without your knowledge or specific consent. For example, such information may be disclosed if required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, or court order, or if requested by a government institution which has the lawful authority to obtain the information.
For Regulatory Purposes
From time to time we may disclose your personal information to securities regulatory and oversight organizations to which Eagles Edge Capital Corporation is subject for the purposes of an audit or investigation relating to your relationship with Eagles Edge Capital Corporation or Eagles Edge Capital Corporation business generally.
Protection of Public Interest
We may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or other authorities to prevent or investigate suspected fraudulent activities such as money laundering or other criminal activity.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We will give you access to the personal information we retain about you. Most of this information is in the form of your transaction records. We may not be able to provide information about you from our records if it contains references to other persons, is subject to legal privilege, contains information proprietary to Eagles Edge Capital Corporation or its subsidiary companies or cannot be disclosed for other legal reasons.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as if you move or change telephone numbers.
Your Concerns Matter to Us
This privacy statement applies equally to all of Eagles Edge Capital Corporation’s subsidiary companies.